The goal of the LGHF Youth Advisory Committee is to promote the Foundation’s vision and spread our message in the community while providing youth and students leadership opportunities and development of transferable skills within a healthcare environment. Please see below for more information on committee members’ roles and responsibilities.
Be sure to follow @lghf.youth on instagram to keep up to date with what we’re up to!
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Youth Advisory Committee! Applications are now Open for the 2018/2019 committee.
Please see the application on the left side menu. The deadline for application submission is midnight on Monday, September 17, 2018.
Lions Gate Hospital Foundation is seeking 10-15 outgoing North Shore residents between the ages of 16-22 to represent the Foundation in the 2018-19 Youth Advisory Panel. A commitment of a minimum of one school year is required.
- Identify opportunities to involve North Shore youth with the Foundation
- Promote the Foundation’s vision within the North Shore community, serve as an ambassador
- Develop fundraising ideas for current initiatives/campaigns
- Use social media to reach the North Shore population, particularly within schools
- Assist with special events where appropriate
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 22 for the period of September 2018 through June 2019
- Attendance at meetings throughout the year
- Attendance at LGHF community outreach events
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to exercise initiative, prioritize, and work to deadlines
- Opportunity to give back and make a difference to the quality of health care for everyone in our community.
- Opportunity to learn how a Foundation operates
- Opportunity to liaise with Foundation leadership including executives and community leaders who serve on the Foundation Board
- Minimum of 10 volunteer hours
- Experience serving on a committee
- Opportunity to promote health care on the North Shore
- Opportunity to obtain references
“In 2013, I applied to become a member of the inaugural Youth Advisory Committee with two goals in mind: to witness, firsthand, the impact of the Foundation in terms of health care on the North Shore; second, to explore the breadth of the medical field. Within weeks of joining the Committee, all of my “goals” were immediately fulfilled! The Lions Gate Hospital is a terrific platform to meet local youth and gain insight into various health care professions, while contributing to the North Shore community.”
-Sarah Bains, YAC committee member 2013/2014, 2014/2015, & 2015/2016