Our vision is to inspire giving in support of the highest quality health care and with your generous support we can achieve this. All gifts, big and small, have a tremendous impact on the health care services that are provided and as a donor you have the choice of how you would like to give.
We appreciate any financial investment that you can make to help support health care on the North Shore via the Lions Gate Hospital Foundation. Donate now
Monthly Giving Program
Monthly giving allows you to continue your support easily and make a difference year round. Here are a few of the many benefits of giving monthly:
• Convenience: you only need to sign up once and can spread your donations out over the year, receiving one consolidated tax receipt in January;
• Flexibility: you are able to change or cancel your payments at any time; and
• Cost Savings: your ongoing donations reduce our administration and processing costs allowing us to put more of your donation towards improving health care at LGH.
Your monthly gifts also provide us with stable funding, allowing us to plan projects and campaigns with the comfort of knowing that we have a reliable flow of donations. Even modest donations of $5 or $10 a month add up and help make a significant impact. Did you know that while a monthly gift of $10 equates to just $120 per year, a daily coffee can cost $700 annually? Donate now!
Gift options to consider include: Bequests in your will; Publicly Traded Securities; Life Insurance; Retirement Funds; Endowments; Charitable Remainder Trusts. Learn more
To make a gift of securities please click here.
Lions Gate Hospital Employee Giving
All full-time and part-time employees of Lions Gate Hospital are now able to support the Foundation and hospital through a payroll donation program. We appreciate your dedication in helping to make a difference in people’s lives. For more information or to enroll click here.
Donate in Memory
You can now create and share your own Memorial Page to raise donations for a special celebration, event or memorial. Learn more about this new free service here.
North Shore Hospice In Celebration Wall
Celebrate a life with a butterfly or flower on our ‘In Celebration’ Wall at the North Shore Hospice. Click here for more information.
A Star is Born
As parents and grandparents, the birth of a new baby is one of the most amazing and defining moments in our lives. What could be more joyous than placing your baby’s name on a star, on our A Star is Born commemorative wall? This is a unique way to celebrate a very special occasion. Learn more here.
Your assistance with fundraising for the Hospital or with helping patients is always greatly appreciated. For more information about the volunteer experience Click here.
Honour a Health Care Hero
Learn how you can recognize a staff member who made a difference to your stay at LGH as a Health Care Hero.
Through our Art Program, we aim to humanize every wall of the Hospital and use the healing power of art to create a calming, therapeutic environment throughout the LGH campus. Learn more.
How to Become Involved
- Donate today by phone, mail or donate on-line
- Request that your donation be automatically withdrawn from your bank account or charged monthly to your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
- Pledge a gift over a period of time
- Pay tribute to someone special by making a donation in their honour
- Donate publicly traded Securities (stocks, bonds or mutual funds)and pay no capital gains on the appreciated value of your investment
- If your employer participates in the United Way or other employee campaigns, you can support LGH Foundation by designating the gift on your pledge card
- Double the impact of your donation by checking if your company has a matching program
- Host an event and donate the proceeds to the Foundation
- Encourage your employer to sponsor a Foundation event, or donate prizes
- Provide a future gift to the Foundation through your estate planning
- Join our Legacy Society
- Attend our annual Gala or Golf Classic events
- Contact our office to volunteer your time or services
If you would like to contact Karin Tober for more information on how to donate to the Lions Gate Hospital Foundation please call,
Vendors’ Corner to Conclude Dec. 31st, 2015
Lions Gate Hospital’s aging atrium area is slated to undergo an exciting physical transformation. Like most major renovation projects, this one will involve significant change – change that will no longer allow us to accommodate our long-serving family of community vendors. This being the case, we will be concluding our Vendor’s Corner program at the end of 2015.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.