Under the direction of the Vice President, the Development Officer’s primary responsibility is initiating and nurturing relationships with individuals and community organizations on the North Shore for the purpose of generating support for Lions Gate Hospital Foundation’s fundraising campaigns.
- Identify lapsed mid-level donors (individuals); develop and implement re-engagement strategies.
- Manage a portfolio of existing mid-level donors to connect with personally with a goal to increasing their annual giving.
- Identify additional opportunities for the re-engagement of donors, or engagement at a higher level and execute an approach.
- Make thank you calls to first-time donors to encourage their continued support.
- Contact monthly donors to thank and encourage their increased support.
- Represent the Foundation at community events to encourage support of the Foundation.
- Maintain weekly activity reports and work plans
- Fluency in English; both written and verbal. Additional languages an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, outgoing personality and enjoys public speaking.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, execute and meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter, keen to take the initiative and work well unsupervised.
- Must be able to display tact, sensitivity and diplomacy in all circumstances.
- Ability to think creatively and be detail oriented
- Exercises judgement in analyzing problems and recommending appropriate course of action.
- College or University certification in fundraising management, sales or marketing.
- Solid knowledge of MSWord, Excel and Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Proven work experience in fundraising or sales.
Works under the direction of the Vice President. Exercises a degree of independent decision making. Work is subject to overall review for quality, effectiveness and achievement of objectives.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this sounds like you, please forward your resume and cover letter in one document to Delia Jamieson, email@example.com.
RELEASED: July 2017