Development Assistant – Temporary
Lions Gate Hospital Foundation (lghfoundation.com) is in the midst of the largest and most exciting project in its history – a $100 million campaign to build a new high tech Medical & Surgical Centre. The Foundation raises funds to support the purchase of medical equipment and improvements to patient care at Lions Gate Hospital and the publicly funded health care facilities on the North Shore. In the last eight years, the Foundation has invested more than $100 million in the hospital, including the new HOpe Centre for mental health, an expanded state-of-the-art Emergency Department and the North Shore’s first free-standing hospice.
The Development Assistant, under the direction of the Vice President, will support the Foundation’s external and internal marketing and communications initiatives as well as signature fundraising events: Gala and Golf Classic plus community and other events as required. This is an ideal position for an energetic multi-tasker who has demonstrated knowledge of social media and is keen to learn about fundraising. The successful applicant will have superior interpersonal and organizational skills plus a high level of diplomacy, confidentiality as well as the ability to work effectively with a variety of people: donors, staff and volunteers. This is a temporary one-year position.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High School diploma and minimum 2-3 years work experience in a similar position.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills, a multi-tasker and a team player.
- Ability to exercise initiative, prioritize and work to deadlines.
- Thrives in a very dynamic environment.
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times and a strong ‘get-the-job-done’ work ethic.
- Excellent working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and demonstrated ability in page management on these platforms.
- Knowledge of MSWord, Excel, Power Point and ideally, Raiser’s Edge and WordPress.
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and maturity in dealing with a variety of different audiences.
To see the full job description, click here.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, please forward your resume and cover letter in one document to Delia Jamieson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: December 11, 2017